Updated March 17, 2020 12:30pm PST
We are continuing to monitor the pandemic and our government has not yet mandated that our industry must close. People that may feel uncomfortable or at risk during this time should stay home. If you do wish to participate and join us, we cannot stress the importance of social distance and good hygiene practices. We are trying to balance the health risk with the livelihoods of our staff, entertainers, suppliers and our small family business. We believe in choice at this juncture and our customers are afforded the same choice to attend or stay home as our staff, suppliers, or us personally.
Updated March 12, 2020 1pm PST
As the COVID-19 outbreak continues to expand in the US, we at Saddle N Saloon wanted to give you all an update on actions we are taking and what we are asking of you to help contain the spread and help protect the health of our customers, entertainers, and staff.
In the interest of community health awareness and to protect the well being of our customers, entertainers, and staff, Saddle N Spurs Saloon has made a conscious effort to establish a transparent policy with regard to the Corona Virus Pandemic. At the time of this post there is no directive that effects the social element of our type of business and most people have varying thoughts and perspectives on this situation, however, it does not hurt in any way to take additional precautions and stay up to date with the recommendations made from the most credible sources available. Our intent here is to be mindful of the situation and balance customer concerns against the livelihoods of our business, staff, vendors, and entertainers. We are sincere and will do our best to be the best in this regard and evolve our operations to the best of our abilities to keep everyone healthy. Thank you for always supporting us.
Mandatory Temporary Actions Being Taken – Effective Immediately
- All staff are on a heightened awareness for mandatory cleaning and meeting or exceeding all guidelines for the Southern Nevada Health District (SNHD) and Center for Disease Control (CDC).
- Management is monitoring and implementing any additional guidelines and procedures to improve the safety of our customers via the SNHD and CDC websites https://www.southernnevadahealthdistrict.org and https://www.cdc.gov respectively.
- All staff, entertainers, and customers shall use good hygiene and maintain social distancing by minimizing physical contact whenever possible and respecting other people’s comfort space is mandatory. People that do not comply will be asked to leave.
- We are working with our staff to make sure that our facilities are thoroughly cleaned every day and are arranging a deep cleaning schedule for the entire bar at this time.
- We will be making hand sanitizer available and encourage all to use it periodically in conjunction with hand washing.
- We will be making Lysol available for entertainers to spray down microphones to kill germs between different singers.
- We have increased maintenance on our commercial air cleaning equipment to bi-weekly to maximize effectiveness for the systems to remove smoke, pollutants, and viruses from the air. We consulted with the manufacturer of the units to insure they are properly sized, configured, and installed to be the most effective and efficient for our inside space.
- We request that everyone be serious and mindful of this situation. We recognize the difficulty with finding reliable facts on this situation and the varying degrees of how people are reacting and complying with the advice that is being provided. For the best interest of our community health we have taken a stance to enforce to the best of our ability this policy and are asking for our staff, entertainers, and customers to do the same for their own well being and the well being of others that we enjoy the company of in our establishment.
What to do if You Have Symptoms or Concerns
- If you have any symptoms of a respiratory infection such as cough, congestion or fever, please stay home. Also stay home if you have someone in your home who is sick or has symptoms.
- Staff, entertainers, or customers that present any risk to other people will be asked to leave.
Protecting Human Health
We are continuing to follow state and federal directives regarding the outbreak in the US. The current status of the virus can be found at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/summary.html. The best prevention remains good hygiene practices and prevention with this, as well as, any other disease prevention. Please check back regularly for updates at this, as well as, the other website addresses provided here.
Saddle N Spurs Saloon